Cycling Lagos is an annual event designed to encourage healthy living through regular exercise among cycling enthusiasts, corporate executives, professionals, amongst others in the country.
Beyond the central idea of encouraging healthy living through regular exercise among corporate executives, the event will champion healthy competition among corporate organizations
The organizations through their participation are to encourage the general public to engage in cycling in their various communities for healthy living.
Corporate organizations through their representatives will compete for medals at the annual competition. It will also provide a platform for talent discovery and grooming (Children and Youth Participation). .
Professional cyclists will be invited to compete for prizes during the annual event.
This will help to further promote cycling and enhance its status as a major sporting activity in Nigeria.
- Cycling Lagos is designed to create a platform for Local and International Cycling Competition.
- It is organized to enhance healthy competition among corporate organizations and promote corporate interest in the well-being of the society.
- It’s also aimed at promoting the tourism potential of Nigeria and the host state (Lagos State) and enhancing its status as an investment and trade destination in Africa.
- It is put together to promote healthy living through regular cycling as a form of exercise among corporate executives to Increase live expectancy.
- It is to create endorsement for regular cycling in the society for its health benefits.
The theme for this year’s edition is GREENER RIDE. It is designed to promote a lifestyle that is environmentally friendly.